Saturday, January 15, 2011

What has become of me?

This Christmas season has been a real eye-opener for me. I'm getting old. Go ahead and laugh at me for making such a naive statement. No really, its ok. I'll wait





...







...








...








You done? Okay good. Now that you have that out of your system, let me explain myself. First and foremost, I made out like a bandit for Christmas. I am truly blessed for everyone in my life. With the ability to cross everything off my wish list, I discovered that I am no longer the bright-eyed youngster I once was. I'm getting older and my wish list is the first to show it. This Christmas was an exciting one for me.



My first gift I was actually allowed to open before Christmas and my house guests arrived. It was from my kids [both furry on four legs, at least one dog, the other you already know is a cat/dog hybrid of some sort]. My mother had the pleasure of giving it to me for them ;-) it was a Shark Steam Mop!








Yes, my first gift was for cleaning purposes and YES! I was ridiculously excited to use it and YES!!! I enjoyed using it on my tile floor so much I couldn't stop, not even when it was already cleaned.

I also got an apron. Y'all its cute in all its pink bow and hound sooth glory.





I also got a Kitchenaid mixer and I'm pretty sure I yelled and squealed when I got that bad boy. I'm already hoping for the ice cream maker attachment for my birthday [OMG what's wrong with me? OLD!]









Last, but certainly not least of my proof of aging, I got a Target gift card and please guess what I spent it on. GUESS. C'mon dooo eeett!! If you guessed a silicone tray to make shot glasses out of ice, you're dead WRONG. I spent it on kitchen towels and a trashcan for the guest bathroom.






I also got more tools for my newest hobby, PHOTOGRAPHY!!! I got the two lenses I had been coveting for some time now!








I know what you're thinking Every hot girl who can aim a camera thinks she's a photographer. 'Oh you took a black and white picture of a lawn chair and its shadows, you must be so brooding and deep.'




Let me make a couple things clear



1] Its my hobby for fun, not professional

and

2]I'm not trying to say I'm hot, but living in a state that's BOILING 85%-90% of the year has to count for something right?

I also got new boots and Peanuts Monopoly to add to our collection

We kind of collect Monopolies... we kind of have a monopoly of Monopolies





Also? After Christmas was over, my lady cop friend and I went shopping and what did I get? Not new shoes, not alcohol, not babies adopted illegally, I got home decor. To be specific wall hangings for my kitchen [what young person says wall hangings?], a rug for the front door and another ridiculously adorable apron that I love wearing with what I've deemed my old man shoes, because who started this shoe trend? Old men, that's who.








*sigh* I remember when that money would be wasted on nail polish and cheap "BFF" jewellery that I know now was a lie. Forever ended long ago, along with my youthfulness.

1 comment:

  1. aww sweet. I too got an apron. (I LOVE it!!) I'm sporting it in my blog title (maybe I'm old too) The Mr. has 7 years on me so I need not worry. Hopping around blogs and wanted to say hi.
    Your blog is a cute 'hoot'
    Hope you'll pop over my blog and check it out too :-) Cheers ~ have a great week!

    ReplyDelete